The Beach House Hotel offers panoramic views of the Farne Islands, situated just three miles out to sea, and is the perfect spot for walkers, cyclists, bird watchers and photographers. The busy village of Seahouses is a pleasant five minute stroll from the hotel, where local restaurants and pubs can be found.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Farne Islands (3 mi)
- Birdwatchers travel from afar to witness the variety of birds found on the famous nature reserve of the Farne Islands. The Farnes are renowned for their unusual inhabitants including Puffins, Oyster catchers and four different species of Terns.
- Bamburgh Castle (2.8 mi)
- Discovering English Heritage by exploring the many castles located in Northumberland is an exciting adventure for all the family. Bamburgh castle is particularly popular, visitors find themselves reliving history in this stunning, fully restored ancient fortress. The castle is of immense size as well as beauty, and is often thought of as the jewel at the end of a three mile walk along the golden sands from the hotel.
- Alnwick Castle (11.8 mi)
- Alnwick castle is of equal beauty and is home to the Duke of Northumberland. Warkworth, Dunstanburgh and Lindisfarne also boast castles and offer great days out, all can be found within a 20 mile radius of the hotel.
- Lindisfarne (19.9 mi)
- Lindisfarne is a tidal island off the north-east coast of England. It is also known as Holy Island and is a centre for pilgrimage. Only 160 people inhabit the island, but over 650,000 tourists visit each year from around the world.
- Cragside House (20.7 mi)
- Northumberland also boasts many stately homes. Cragside House is one of many, a Victorian estate maintained by the National Trust, its beautiful lake, magnificent gardens and miles of footpath ensure a memorable day out for all the family.
- Seahouses Golf Club (0.9 mi)
- Seahouses Golf Club is a traditional Northumberland Golf Course and is the closest course to the Beach House Hotel. The course is home to two of the most prestigious par threes in the north of England. There are also many other nearby golf clubs within a short driving distance.
- Bamburgh Castle Golf club (3.7 mi)
- Bamburgh Castle Golf Club is a situated just over 3.5 miles from the Beach House Hotel and offers breathtaking views of the Farne Islands, the Cheviots, Lindisfarne, and Bamburgh Castle.
- Dunstanburgh Castle Golf Club (6 mi)
- Dunstanburgh Castle Golf Club offers a friendly 18 hole course with beautiful views of Embleton Bay.
- Cheviot Hills (19.8 mi)
- If you enjoy walking then take a stroll on the Cheviot Hills located at the heart of the Northumberland National Park.
- Horse Riding (0.5 mi)
- Enjoy a lesson, trek or beach ride around Northumberland's beachs and countryside with Slate Hall Riding Centre.
Head southeast on the A1 for 8 miles. Then take a left. AFter 0.4 miles turn right towards the B1342.
Take a slight left at the B1342 after 2.4 miles and continue on Church Street for 0.1 miles.
Take a slight left at Front Street and follow for about 3 miles.
Turn right at St Aidan's Street and then turn right to stay on St Aidan's street and you will reach the Beach House Hotel.
Chathill Train Station(3.7mi, 6.0km)
The closest train station to Beach House Hotel is at Chathill (CHT).
Newcastle International Airport(49.0mi, 78.9km)
The nearest airport to Beach House Hotel is Newcastle International Airport.